Final Fantasy FXN Network News
July 11, 2013
IOtaSan, Community Moderator of the PlayStation Europe forum, conducted an exclusive French interview with Yoshinori Kitase and Motomu Toriyama about the two highly anticipated games, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster and Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. You can read the summary of the interview below.
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
- The development team really immersed into the remaster of the games last year. The reason behind the remaster is to allow a wider audience to play the games. Those who don't own a PlayStation 2 or an older version of the PlayStation 3 can now enjoy the remaster on any PlayStation 3 system and the PlayStation Vita.
- The development team would like to add more features to the Vita version such as touch functionality, but no solid confirmation at this moment.
- The original version of the gameplay remains the same. No words on significant changes in user interface and music at the moment. Although, it's unlikely that there will be changes at this point.
- The two remasters are based on the international original version in Japanese.
- The dubbing is finished for the bonus 30-minute additional content.
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
- The same music composers that made the soundtrack for Final Fantasy XIII is back for the third and last installment. New melodies are created to resonate with the four continents of Nova Chrysalia. The original soundtrack will be announced later.
- In terms of gameplay, the temporal aspect of the game - the 13 day doomsday clock- is a determining factor. All gameplay elements are linked to this concept. The "Active Time Battle" system is now faster and more action-oriented.
- The developers are aware that the time limit can be stressful for players, but, they say that there are ways to maximize the clock up to 13 days instead of the original 7 days. Players need to be wise. Some quests have strict time limit. This is to motivate players to do their best.
- The 2011 movie, In Time, which stars Justin Timberlake and Amanda Seyfried was one source of inspiration for this game.
- There is no other sequel to after this. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII will complete the XIII saga.
- Caius Ballad, the main antagonist of Final Fantasy XIII-2, will return.
- Kitase and Toriyama are interested in making other outfits from previous Final Fantasy characters for Lightning.
- Trophies are easier to obtain in this game.
- Lastly, Toriyama asserted this, "Lightning is different, attractive, and will be massively appreciated by all fans!"
What do you think of Toriyama's comment about Lightning's popularity?
When the proper English translation of the interview surfaces, we'll let you know. Until then, you can read the French original version by clicking the source link.
Source: PlayStation Europe Forum
Date: July 12, 2013
I bet you he still has the same clothes on too.
Posted By: deraj8
Date: July 12, 2013
Hmm, wasn't Caius killed? If he returns, then maybe other dead characters will return? Perhaps Jihl Nabaat?
Posted By: dark.moogle
Date: July 11, 2013
exactly. she's so inspirational and unforgettable
Post a Comment